Louisiana Court Dismisses Asbestos Survival Claims, Says Second Action is Time-Barred



DOCUMENTS
  • Opinion


SHREVEPORT, La. –– A Louisiana federal court has dismissed survival claims asserted by the family members of a Louisiana man, finding that since an original, separate asbestos action was voluntarily dismissed, prescription was not interrupted.

In the Feb. 28 order, the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Louisiana said that because the decedent did not have an actionable claim at the time of his death, the plaintiffs did not have standing to bring the instant case.

William Cleve Davidson filed his own action on May 2010, contending that he had been diagnosed with mesothelioma, which he says …






UPCOMING CONFERENCES




HarrisMartin's Justice for All Conference: Complex Litigation in Philadelphia's Evolving Legal Landscape

April 15, 2025 - Philadelphia, PA
The Logan Philadelphia

MORE DETAILS



HarrisMartin's MDL Conference

May 28, 2025 - Milwaukee, WI
The Westin Milwaukee

MORE DETAILS